[Tig] size of lab roll

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Feb 28 07:59:01 GMT 2005

On 2005-02-27 at 23:50, Nichols Craig (Craig.Nichols at thomson.net) wrote:

> The mass of the roll was too much for the modified printer transport,
> and it came off the printer and chased an ill placed technician down the
> hall!

it's always fun for me to remember (i must post here about it like once
every year) the sport we had with mag dubbers when the sticky tape at
the end of a roll would force the machine into screaming high-speed
rewind, at the end of which, dramatically, the split reel at the top
would spin apart in about 1 second and fly up and across the room.  i
vowed one day i'd catch it to score a mag-touchdown and i did, i think
Bob Festa witnessed this.

Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, Compugraf
Istanbul, Turkey