[Tig] size of lab roll

Graham Collett grahamcollett
Mon Feb 28 07:56:59 GMT 2005

There was one and only one MKIII made with a "half a telecine" extension
on each side. The teleicne had slots cut in the side panels to allow the
film from a whole 35mm feature roll go through without stopping....
Ken's bliss .... But the Swiss trams wouldn't be very good like that
would they.
Graham Collett
Sprockets(telecine) Ltd
www.sprockets-telecine.co.uk

> The mass of the roll was too much for the modified printer transport,
> and it came off the printer and chased an ill placed technician down
> the hall!

it's always fun for me to remember (i must post here about it like once
every year) the sport we had with mag dubbers when the sticky tape at
the end of a roll would force the machine into screaming high-speed
rewind, at the end of which, dramatically, the split reel at the top
would spin apart in about 1 second and fly up and across the room.  i
vowed one day i'd catch it to score a mag-touchdown and i did, i think
Bob Festa witnessed this.

Rob Lingelbach
Senior Colorist, Compugraf
Istanbul, Turkey