[Tig] Seen on the Institute of Broadcast Sound website today...

Rob Lingelbach robling
Mon Feb 28 19:55:02 GMT 2005

On 2005-02-28 at 16:57, Dick Hobbs (dick at hobbsonline.tv) wrote:

> John told me he has been working on a simple device for tracking lip sync
> errors through a system, the principle of which will appeal to a film-based
> discussion group. Essentially, a signal generator at the origination end

if the sync problem is static (unchanging) and off by frames rather
than seconds, then just about anybody who has ever edited tape or film
can judge by looking and listening and plug in a number that will fix
it usually at the first or second attempt.  It's too bad things are
left up to machines sometimes in my humble opinion :] .

Rob Lingelbach
TIG admin
http://www.colorist.org