[Tig] what the camera lens sees in the background

sklein54 at earthlink.net sklein54
Wed Jul 6 00:49:42 BST 2005

Right...that makes sense because the lens see everything but the format limits the content. What is "coc?"

Thanks
scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders uhl <anders at thedopshop.com>
Sent: Jul 5, 2005 2:32 PM
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] what the camera lens sees in the background

Thanks to Julius Friede  for supporting the TIG
--
> Color in the background of the picture gets blended together with
> stong color that's actually outside the viewing area of the lens and
> seems to tint the B.G.

Not sure I know exactly what your talking about, but I would say that
the color would not be outside the viewing area of the lens but rather
outside the coverage area of the format.  As the coc gets bigger an
area of color could easily bleed across the frame edge, from outside of
picture area to inside, just as out of frame lens flares will sometimes
do.

Hope that helps (?)

Best Regards,

anders uhl