[Tig] 4K digital intermediates using video technology

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Fri Jul 8 16:36:31 BST 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 ChrisL at videopost.com wrote:

> Video Post and Transfer is hosting the DFW SMPTE meeting. Therefore, the

Thanks to Chris and company, we were treated to an excellent
presentation on HDCAM SR.  We then viewed a large number of
reference-grade film clips played off of a HDCAM SR deck.  The 4:4:4
RGB video was truely gorgeous.  The Video Post & Transfer facilities
are very nice, and it is clear that they provide leading-edge
services.

The presentation did nothing to clear up the mystery as to what is
meant by "Digital Intermediate" but it did provide Sony's view of the
process.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn