[Tig] Information Request, cleaning mirrors

Ken Robinson ken
Tue Jul 12 10:32:40 BST 2005

Recipe:

Washing up liquid, compressed air and possibly deionised water if you were getting marks left behind.

Smooth a generous amount of washing up liquid onto the mirror with a clean finger, making sure you don't touch the mirror, i.e. using the washing up liquid as a cushion.
Then place under running water until all the liquid has been washed off.
Place in deionised water if you wish or need to.
Use compressed air to blow off drops of remaining water.

Repeat above until clean.

Worked for years, including removing cigarette smoke, when smoking was allowed near our machine in the early days!

Ken

>Message: 13
>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:42:39 -0500
>From: "Jan & Eileen" <wb9iph at ameritech.net>
>Subject: [Tig] Information Request
>To: "TIG" <tig at tig.oktobor.com>

Does anyone remember the company in Skokie, Illinois who re-finishes front
surface mirrors for Ranks?

That company used to make a liquid, called Mirro-Len that was the only
liquid that would successfully clean front surface

Mirrors without streaks and degrading the reflectance of the mirror.

Unfortunately, they stopped making that liquid....

                        Ken Robinson
                        Senior Colourist  VTR Beirut
                        Beirut
                        Lebanon
                        ken at flight4.org
                        www.vtrbeirut.com  tel:
                              mobile:  +961 1 208802
                              +961 3 074186

            Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?