[Tig] 4K digital intermediates using video technology

Izhak Hinitz izhak
Thu Jun 23 21:25:19 BST 2005

OK, I don't like to get in but, this is a great thing to talk about and,
I have some great people writing and reading so here goes.
We have been doing D.I work for 3 years now using HD.
Please give me your thoughts about using HD RGB ( No compression ) as the
way to offer good quality at low coast to our clients.
We have done this for many years now and are getting to the point of it
being a " no big deal " as we just treat it as video.
We do pay special attention to use of color and lookup tables but other then
that, what is the big difference in resolution.
If the screen was 4X3 then I say we scan and deal with 2k files but, as I
see
the screens at our local theatres, they look far closer to 16X9 then the 2k
dose.

and, PS. I love your take on it Bob.

Izhak Hinitz
Eyes Post Group