[Tig] A bright and beautiful week...

Jeff Booth jeff.booth
Tue Mar 1 15:21:32 GMT 2005

Spoke to the man from Dolby. Apparently the audio is 'lossless'. Video
is MPEG2 but very high bitrate.

Oh well, have to keep stoking those terabytes.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org]
On Behalf Of Jeff Booth
Sent: 27 February 2005 20:10
To: 'Rob Lingelbach'; 'hugh Waters'
Cc: 'Telecine Internet Group'
Subject: RE: [Tig] A bright and beautiful week...

Thanks to Sean McKee and Digital Vision AB for supporting the TIG.
--
I was also at the Barco bash. Wasn't too impressed with the Arri camera.
Was anyone close enough to the screen to see the aliasing on diagonals?

I agree - Slipstream was amazing. I was particularly impressed with the
shot where she throws the cup of soda at him and in the freeze, he
touches the liquid.

It was the guy from Dolby who said their compression system was
'lossless'.
Apparently Dolby are moving into the encryption for distribution
business.

I'll try to find out more and post their reply.

participate in the tig wiki pages at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki