[Tig] Do you Do It in the dark?

Ronald Williams ronw
Wed Mar 2 02:11:26 GMT 2005

Martin,
If you look at SMPTE  RP 166 and RP167  it is very specific about the
room and room lighting.
The light behind the display  washing the wall is 10% of the peak white
on the display.

I have seen this in many various forms, but if you get the wash of light
from the bottom spreading up to a general fad ( as light will do) it
takes care of the room light issue and adds a bias to your eye to keep
your iris' from closeing and opening at a high rate. The science about
the eye bias is very interestion and is about 16 pages long. It has to
do with things like missing frames when you eye is in contraction and such.

Ron Wiulliams
The LANDMARK Group
LA Ca.