[Tig] how far can you go?

Adam Inglis adam.inglis
Thu Mar 3 19:49:28 GMT 2005

My general rule of thumb is that its always best to do as little to an
image as possible. With regards exposure i have my controls preset to a
maximum of 20 printer points, which is usually enough, but very
occasionally i go further, and not always with adverse results. It all
depends on the material (both the original photography and the quality
of the scan) and the look required by the scene and story. Its mainly an
aesthetic judgment and a compromise - eg are you seeing enough in this
shot or will you accept a bit more grain for the sake of a bit more
exposure? Is there enough definition in this shot through a cloud of
smoke or is the grain exaggerated by the added contrast too much?

adam inglis
colourist
framestore-cfc