[Tig] Who really owns LA post?

Izhak Hinitz izhak
Fri Mar 4 15:27:37 GMT 2005

I heard that some large corporation was looking to buy the NHL ( National
Hockey League ) for 3.5 billion. The offer was turned down but I find it
interesting in how this relates to this subject. Just think of what could
happen to the quality of the game and, salary issues for the players would
disappear as they would get what ever the large corporation wants to give.
Interesting if some large corporation buys the Post world, What would happen
to the quality of service and product along with pricing issues.
just a thought.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Most [mailto:mmost at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: March 3, 2005 9:24 PM
To: Dwaine Maggart
Cc: Tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: Re: [Tig] Who really owns LA post?

Thanks to Thomas Electronics for supporting the TIG.
Read about BRRE thanks to Dwaine Maggart
and Peter Swinson at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki/index.php/BRRE_Compendium
--

On Mar 3, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Dwaine Maggart wrote:

> I think "players" like Fotokem, Sunset Digital, Post Logic, Westwind
> Studios, Warner Brothers, etc., etc. might take exception to that
> comment...

I was interpreting the comment as relating to television series. I
still think the 90% figure is pretty accurate. The facilities you
mention (with the exception of Warners' Video Ops, which doesn't do any
series work that I know of), while all fine facilities,  have some
series work, but not a large volume, especially compared to the players
I previously mentioned.

Mike Most

participate in the tig wiki pages at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki