[Tig] types of film (technicolor)

Rob Lingelbach robling
Sun Mar 6 17:00:31 GMT 2005

a followup to our fairly recent discussion of nitrate film.

I was watching the video of a transfer of a film shot in technicolor
and noted as I always have with technicolor that the color rendition is
so interestingly different, and at times more pleasing to the eye, than
current tripack emulsion negative.  It is a look that belongs to
history, I guess, unless someone would like to correct me and say that
three-strip technicolor still exists.  In fact I remember reading not
too long ago somewhere that Scorcese was interested in reviving this
film..

--Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach     tig admin