[Tig] reversed aspect ratio

Peter Swinson peter_swinson
Mon Mar 7 09:58:40 GMT 2005

Rob,

I have not seen it in movies, but quite common in medical video. (We
recognise the body better vertically than horizontally, except BRRE
experts, of course.)

As a matter of interest HD video hit the UK way back in the 1970's or maybe
even the 60's.  Practically all London hospitals had HD feeds between them,
buried in old London tram line voids. Especiallly the teaching hospitals.
Not sure of the resolution but it was certainly higher than regular PAL TV.
And I understand, the displays were portrait mode.

best regards

Peter