[Tig] reversed aspect ratio

P_Stansfield P_Stansfield
Mon Mar 7 10:57:10 GMT 2005

Dick

Did I imagine it, or did you have at one point an Apple system in your
office that you could rotate
the monitor on it, and use in Portrait or Landscape mode?

I seem to remember that it had an automatic function to keep text
horizontal when
the monitor was rotated.

....Or it could have all been the outcome from early BBRE work?

Regards

Peter Stansfield
Wavecrest Systems Ltd

Message text written by Dick Hobbs

I doubt very much if there is anyone out there who has an archive of
Cintel's magazine Images, but I dimly recollect writing something a very
long while ago about a special display for a museum or visitor attraction
somewhere. This used three 4:3 displays rotated 90 degrees and butted
together, to create a 9:4 aspect ratio.

The original material was shot on 35mm, then scanned in three passes on an
Ursa using CRT rotate and zoom for maximum quality.

It is just conceivable that it was John Dowdell that did the telecine work,
but that could be my memory playing tricks.

Dick

Dick Hobbs
Freelance writer and consultant on television and film technology
+44 1435 830988
dick at hobbsonline.tv

<