[Tig] types of film (technicolor)

Tom Nottingham nottinghams
Tue Mar 8 23:16:00 GMT 2005

Rob,
YCMs are a form of 3-stripe Technicolor, so yes, it still exists. YCM
separations (on black and white stock) are still the only reliable form of
preservation. Properly processed and stored, YCMs offer more than 100 years
of preservation for photographic images. Before you digital people jump on
the band wagon, I should point out that no one knows the shelf life of data
tapes yet...but if video tape is any example, 20 years would be a problem.

Tom