[Tig] Digital data storage (was something else)

Ian Richardson ian.richardson
Wed Mar 9 22:36:41 GMT 2005

Hi all, I have to throw my hat in and agree entirely with
Martin......and his excellent post [thanks for that]
MEMS  [Micro Electro Mecanical Systems] are a real thing.
In fact I beleive Sony have some patents/technology tied up
for display technology. This is not a memory device but uses the
same technology.
Please correct me if I am recalling incorrectly.
1. RGB laser projector for 'industrial use' reflecting from a MEMS chip
2. RGB LED's [lower power/cost] light reflecting from MEMS chip for consumer
use.

Both these displays promise a colour gamut range 'exceeding all other
display medium including film'  [not my words]

cheers,
Ian Richardson
DigiPix Sydney