[Tig] VTR Museum

Marc Wielage mfw
Thu Mar 10 03:28:51 GMT 2005

On 3/9/05 4:38 PM, "Stuart Spence" <Stuart at Spence.net> wrote:

> I saw David Crosthwaite's name in TIG a couple of years ago, describing his
> VCR Museum,  and Rob mentioned this again, but Google & I & Rob don't have a
> current address to contact him.  There's someone by that name in Chula
> Vista - might David have moved?  Does anyone have a current address or
> e-mail for him - or know someone who provides the same kind of
> archaic-format rescue resource?
>--------------------------------snip----------------------------------<

Here's a few contacts for places that can do archival videotape transfers
from old formats:

David Crosthwaite
DC Video
Burbank, CA
(818) 563-1073
Email: DCFWTX at aol.com

Quad One Video
2001 Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA  91506
(818) 295-3878

Research Video
N. Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 503-5920
(818) 503-4964 - Fax

VidiPax
450 West 31st Street - 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Fax (212) 563-1994
Voice (212) 563-1999
Email: vidipax at panix.com

I dunno how current the info is for Mr. Crosthwait, but that's what I had in
my rolodex.

I still own a few consumer Beta machines myself, but they're a total pain to
use.  The Sony SL-HF1000 is particularly problematic because the video heads
are a little soft and tend to clog up very quickly.  Not a great machine as
a player.

--Marc Wielage/Senior Colorist
Technicolor Creative Services
Hollywood, USA

NOTE:  The comments above are strictly mine, and may not necessarily
represent those of my employers.