[Tig] Display Management for DI

Jack James jack
Sat Mar 12 20:45:07 GMT 2005

I think ultimately, the issue begins at the mastering stage. If only digital
images were encoded in a colour-space-independent format, all of this would
be academic. If this were to happen, such that scanned film was encoded to
XYZ values rather than RGB ones, then the projectors could be calibrated
independently rather than having to worry about colour space conversion.
Discuss...