[Tig] MNR11 thanks

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Mar 17 17:18:20 GMT 2005

On 2005-03-17 at 08:52, Rob Lingelbach (rob at compugraf.com) wrote:

speaking of noise reduction, over the years I've come to the conclusion
that with modern telecines, that are relatively free of noise compared
to those we worked with in years past, that I am having to use much
less NR and that it be more targeted toward alleviating grain
artifacts, but that this grain reduction is greatly a matter of taste
and bears discussion with the client in session.  As one who doesn't
necessarily disdain the appearance of some grain, I very much prefer
evident small quantities of grain to any introduced motion artifacts
from the overuse of noise/grain reducers, especially when we consider
how the various broadcast compression methods trample on clean motion.

regards
Rob
Senior colorist, Compugraf
Istanbul, Turkey