[Tig] MNR11 thanks

Eric Bergez eric.bergez
Thu Mar 17 19:33:17 GMT 2005

I couldn't possible sit here and say nothing.... :-)

----------------<Rob wrote>---------------
I very much prefer evident small quantities of grain to any introduced
motion artifacts from the overuse of noise/grain reducers>
--------------End of Rob's note-----------

I agree.  However,...

Notwithstanding the artifacts generated by inexpensive broadcast
pre-processors and the introduction of noise reduction in consumer
HDTV's, manufacturers have made significant advances in noise and grain
management algorithms.  The introduction of Motion Estimation and Motion
Compensation has dramatically augmented the real-time performance of
Grain Management tools.  For the first time in our history, we can
process grain (and noise) in HD/444 (real-time) with a high level of
confidence, without breaking the bank.  Of course, there are always
limitations, but the performance of today's Grain Management systems can
not be compared to yesterday's mathematics.  I think it will only get
better....

On a more serious note - what is with these new consumer TV's
incorporating Noise Reduction?  My God it's horrible!  I had to force my
neighbor to turn it off.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Eric Bergez
Digital Vision (US) Inc.