[Tig] MNR11 thanks

Eric Bergez eric.bergez
Thu Mar 17 20:41:56 GMT 2005

Well,...I wasn't really talking about DV specifically but the advances
of Real-time processing in general.

My point was that companies like DV and Snell have made significant
advances in Real-time Motion Compensation and both manufacturers have
invested lots of R&D time and money in improving the performance of
their products.  My point was NOT to compare yesterday's math with
today's algorithms.  All products do evolve - even the Ford Mustang (I
didn't much care for the previous model).

It's important to note that the two products mentioned have no Motion
Compensation.  Personally, I feel that the advances made by both
companies in real time Motion Compensation are not trivial and should
not be considered "Ridiculous."  What these products are capable of
doing today is incredibly more advanced than what either company was
capable of achieving 12 months ago.

With regards to 2K and 4K, I'm certain that all manufacturers are making
progress in these formats.  As with most processes, far more
improvements can be made as hardware limitations become irrelevant.
Time, however, becomes the biggest factor.

Real-time Motion Compensation is still subject to hardware limitations
and cost factors.  However, Motion Compensation is still a significant
element in software based processing.  A poorly developed ME algorithm
will result in mediocre results.  Therefore, you may have a software
based processing tool, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it works
great.  The processing math and the quality of the Motion Compensator
will weigh heavily on the overall performance even in software.

Once again, I'm speaking of all advances in this field not just those of
one particular company.

Best Regards,

Eric
DVUS, Inc.