[Tig] MNR11 thanks

Eric Bergez eric.bergez
Thu Mar 17 23:02:33 GMT 2005

Aaaah, another example of the industries evolution.  Cintel has spent
time and money to improve on this process as well.  The "Grace in the
box" is a good improvement on spatial filtering technology.

I think it's fair to say that one should be cautious not to base their
opinions of a specific type of processing option on old technology.  The
augmentation of restoration algorithms has been significant over the
past several months.  Key manufacturers are making leaps forward in
real-time and software solutions.  I feel it's premature to state that
all restoration or grain reduction is bad or that all grain reducers
cause lag when the reference system is 10 or even 4 years old.  Clearly
companies like DV, Snell and Cintel have products, solutions or variants
of systems that do not cause lag or have greatly eliminated temporal
artifacting with Motion Estimation just within the past 16 months.

I think the software 2K 4K 6K 8K etcK business is an exciting time.  I'm
having fun, and I am most certainly looking forward to this NAB.  It
will be interesting to see all the advances made by other manufactures.
The DI evolution is most certainly upon us.  Let's hope that things that
didn't quite work last NAB are working at this NAB - even for DV :-)

Best Regards,

Eric Bergez
DVUS, Inc.