[Tig] review of Lustre

Michael Most mmost
Wed Mar 23 19:35:38 GMT 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Izhak Hinitz wrote:

> Are you sure about having no financial interest in the product.?
> I read it and cant help noticing the lack of mention of the
> I.Q.

The article was a review, not a comparison. The only competing system
that is mentioned is Baselight, and only in passing at the end of the
article. Clearly the reviewer is a Discreet fan, but frankly I don't
see any need to mention every other product in the marketplace in every
article. Quantel gets plenty of press and publicity on its own.
Besides, I think most of us see Lustre and Baselight (and Silicon
Color, for that matter) more as "dedicated" color correction systems
than full finishing systems, which is the general perception of IQ. In
other words, they compete more against DaVinci and Pandora than they do
against Quantel and Avid. At least I've always seen them that way.

Mike Most
VFX Supervisor