[Tig] review of Lustre

Patrice Barrette patrice
Wed Mar 23 20:32:12 GMT 2005

the Lustre 2.5 is not a beta vesion it is a release version , there is a
beta comming in the near future , we have had a lustre station almost
since the begning of lustre about 2 1/2 years ago , and there was a lot
of improvent on the lustre since the begining , and they are a lot more
comming , and with that version ( 2.5 ) dont have a lot of crash ,it is
very stable  . and if  a crash append i can reboot it in under 20 sec .

for me the lustre is a very good grading machine  , and if the scan of
the film was done correctly with maximun information , i have a lot of
range for color correction , and since it is pc base ,i can process in
bacground with other software  , and i have combustion 3 on my machine
so i can correct thing's without having to rely on the compositing
departement , when it is to big of a correction i just send it to the
compositing or 2D departement .

i have work from Rank top c , amigo , ursa , sunburst , davinci classic
, davinci 888 and now i have a Lustre , and for me it is going in the
right direction , and i think that more and more people are going to
like it a lot

Patrice Barrette  Senior colorist

Hybride Technologie Inc.
Film F/x  quebec Canada