[Tig] tig exam
Fri Mar 25 12:10:18 GMT 2005
the unofficial exam for becoming a full-fledged telecine colorist:
1) what does the acronym PLUGE stand for?
2) who is considered the inventor of the telecine?
3) how many degrees separate the "purely considered" vectors on a
4) what is the difference between the perforation pitch of print film
and negative film, and why is there a difference?
5) what is the typical contrast ratio of standard definition video,
versus that of 35mm film negative?
6) for the decade of the 1990's, what LA colorist was considered the
highest-paid? (admittedly apocyphal)
7) what was the very first name of the first incarnation of the
daVinci color-grading system?
8) in what continent were discovered dozens of Rank Cintel MkIIIs in
the late 1980s by Steve Roach, gathering dust in a warehouse unused?
9) what current US-based TK engineer has the dream of retiring to
Santa Fe New Mexico to operate a taco stand?
10) what does BRRE stand for?
answers in a follow-up posting. The first 2 entries with all answers
correct will get two raffle tickets for the iPods to be given away at
the telecine NAB BASH.
More information about the Tig