[Tig] DI workflow, capabilities and requirements

Rob Lingelbach robling
Sun Mar 27 19:25:25 BST 2005

On 2005-03-27 at 12:20, Joe Beirne (joe at xpldddgrm.com) wrote:

> Back in the day, a work-print always looked like a work-print, and
> digital dailies looked pretty nasty. Now they are 'good' enough to
> become imprinted in the director's mind as the gold standard for
> color.

a director who shall remain nameless, but who came out of the same
class of Art College of Design in Pasadena with Michael Bay and
Tarseem, insisted on cutting on film, with Jacques Dury, using Vilmos
Zsigmond as DoP, and then used a workprint as his cutting copy.  The
spot was for Saab and it was B+W if I remember correctly.  What was the
coolest thing for me was when he showed up 2 hours late to the session
in his assiduously torn tank-top, and quietly walked up to me and asked
(his first words in the session)  "where are your upper mids?"
Thinking on my feet, I said "47".  He said "take them to 54."

Rob Lingelbach
TIG admin