[Tig] Tig at tig.colorist.org, "Patrice Barrette" <patrice at hybride.com>, tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org

Tim Stipan stipantim
Mon Mar 28 18:39:56 BST 2005

Dave

Lustre can control a Vialta via RS22 like a tapedeck
(so I have heard). I run a Lustre with a newly
configured editor that pulls edits via a Millenium.
As far as data management goes it is done inside
Lustre ie. where you have a scans folder and a
rendered grade (final CC) folder, and you can push it
to the fire/smoke or they can grab the grade from your
local storage.
To incorporate this system into your facility you need
either an editor that can emulate the telecine as a
tape deck or a Vialta! One other option is to crash
record and eyematch/ rename your scans with proper
frame/ timecode. This eyematch /renaming option is
timeconsuming! One other thing to keep in mind is the
inability to have your TK on a timeline so you can
program TK PEC keyframes!!! Dont get rid of your
current color correcter so quickly so you have a way
to handle this, or investigate something like Tangent
Devices "Synergy."

Tim Stipan
Colourist
Soldesignfx
w312.706.5500

disclaimer: I am not paid by any of the above
manufactures products that I mentioned, and my
opinions are my own and not that of the company at
which I am employeed.