[Tig] re: tig exam

Dominic Case cased
Tue Mar 29 04:57:30 BST 2005

Although it's several days on (I've only just returned to my email after
Easter), I have to point out, respectfully, that there is an error in these
answers that no-one has picked.

In question 4, not only is negative (0.1866") pitch known correctly as
"standard", not "short", the pitch of print film is not 0.0187" but 0.1870".
An error of nearly one thousand percent seems excessive. I would have hoped
that greater accuracy would have been essential where tickets are
involved;-)

Although on reflection, if someone could design a printing sprocket to take
0.0187" print stock, and come up with a 10:1 anamorphic lens for the
projector, we might have the answer to so-called excessive print costs. A
full-length feature could be delivered on a single roll. Probably less
compression than most digital formats too.

Will Kodak buy this idea for a small fortune and supress it?

_________________________________
Dominic Case
Atlab Australia
________________________________

> > 1. (P)icture (L)ine-(U)p (G)enerating (E)quipment
> > 2. John Logie Baird
> > 3. 6 vectors (R,G,B,C,M,Y)
> > 4. long pitch-- 0.0187" short-- 0.1866" --to prevent slippage
> > between the
> > OCN and the raw print stock when sandwiched together for
> > contact printing.
> > difference is .03%
> > 5. film is 1000:1 video 40:1 (broadcast standards--> 30:1)
> > 6. Bob Festa
> > 7. The Wiz
> > 8. Africa
> > 9. Rob Lingelbach
> > 10. (B)ubble (R)ise (R)ate (E)xperiment

This email message [including any file attachments transmitted with it ] is for the sole use of the individual  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or priveledged information.
Any unauthorised review,use,alteration,disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message.
 Any confidentiality or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.