[Tig] HD cam SR

Floor Bos floor
Thu Mar 31 09:12:53 BST 2005

Hi Rob,

As far as I know:
HDCAM uses 7:1 compression in 3:1:1
HDCAM SR uses 2.7:1 compression in 4:2:2
HDCAM SR uses 4.2:1 compression in 4:4:4

It will definatly not rule out film, but in our small country in Europe
(The Netherlands) HDCAM is already a popular format for shooting feature
films, and no, they certainly don't all look good. But considering the
fact that producers and film funds prefer the digital way, I am happy to
see HDCAM SR being introduced. So I will finally have some colors to
grade! :)

The specs say that it could even record Viper LOG data to tape, but it
cannot record to frames, it is still a video recorder.

BTW: Hi, this is my first post :) We are a small post facility in
Amsterdam using Baselight & Digital Fusion as our main tools to do DI +
VFX + Commercials.

Cheers,
Florentijn Bos
50 FPS Post