[Tig] 16mm scans

Jack James jack
Fri May 6 19:31:27 BST 2005

16mm size is 10.26mm x 7.49mm
Super16 (W) 12.52 x 7.41mm

So current standards for best 35mm scanning are 4096 across 24mm
or 85 lp/mm.

So 16mm has (at best using the same practical standard as 35mm)
1744 x 1273
and Super16 has 2128 x 1260.

Note that practical scanning of 35mm is often done at 2K and works fine,
so cut these numbers if half if you are looking for a better indication
of
what the working resolution is.