[Tig] GraphicsMagick & SMPTE DPX

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Tue May 10 05:39:14 BST 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Martin Euredjian wrote:

> I would suggest you attempt to initiate a conversation with Pierre Gougelet,
> who wrote XnView (www.xnview.com).  He's a nice guy and might be willing to
> share some implementation insights with you.

Yes, I have been testing with XnView.  It seems like nice software.
XnView is able to properly read 15 of the 64 different DPX subformats
that GraphicsMagick is currently able to read/write.  This is far more
than any other freely obtainable software I have been able to find.
I will be sure to send thanks to the author.

The good news is that it seems that the format issues I discovered
have been surmounted so now I have restored the DPX samples package to
the previously advertised location.  Retrieve it from:

ftp://ftp.graphicsmagick.org/pub/outgoing/dpx-samples.zip

Please make me aware of any defects that you may find.  Unfortunately
it doesn't help to tell me that software X can't load a file.  I need
to know why.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn