[Tig] assistants

matthieu dubail matthieu_dubail
Wed May 25 13:19:33 BST 2005

> You missed the entire point.  I had been an R&D,
> facility and Telecine
> engineer for over fifteen years before I decided to
> play colorist for a
> while to become a better engineer.

I did not miss your point, IMHO. You're trying to say
you paid your dues first before becoming a colorist.
But my point is that you did not paid it by beeing an
assistant. Beeing a R&D, facility and telecine
engineer could have lead you to tons of others jobs.
Assistant's only goal is to take the chair one day but
before that, he doesn't really show any ability.
That's a dead end.