[Tig] Fwd: One last thing ! re: TIG : Assistant

Andreas Wider√łe Andersen andreas
Thu May 26 21:53:12 BST 2005

Seems to me that Rob blocked Matthieu's account. I'm forwarding this
message which was sent directly to many of us on the TIG since I feel it
belongs here. I agree that personal attacks should not be allowed, but one
should be allowed to express their views and opinions without being censored.

For what it's worth:

I started up all by myself from scratch without knowing anything about
colour correction 2 years ago. Now I have a studio here with 2 telecines,
pogle and too much work for one person and I've never been an assistant.
This should prove that it can be done without first wiping the floors all
the way up to the suite and then feed tapes for years. I work a lot, I like
it and I even empty my own thrash and clean the floors. There are many ways
of entering this business. Certainly having a mentor or teacher is great,
but for those who don't want one or can't have one they'll have to find
another way.

Andreas W. Andersen
Norsk Smalfilm, Norway

---