[Tig] Object Tracking

Sean McKee sean
Sun Oct 2 09:54:30 BST 2005

Hi Jim,

The telephone pole example sounds impressive. If that was 3 years ago, I'd
like to see it now. We've used Revival standalone and Revival on Discreet
since it's inception. My guess would be that they adapted the temporal grain
reduction algorithm. I say that because in an early version of that
algorithm (6 years ago?), there was a bug/feature (long since fixed) that if
you were using aggressive settings and had a shot for instance with a static
background and a person walked quickly into the foreground, the background
would sometimes freak out in watery psychedelic swirls (ah, fun with motion
estimated algorithms) but the moving foreground object remained perfectly
isolated. I thought this could make a great matte tracking tool if modified
and not requiring Pink Floyd to use.

That's interesting to know its in Resolve now. I'll have to get a look at
how that works. Does Resolve access clips on Discreet Stones directly or do
you have to use some kind of network middleware, like Maximum Throughput's
Sledgehammer or XStoner?

Thanks,

Sean McKee
Screen Time Images
847-534-9000

On 10/1/05 1:00 PM, "Jim Mann" <jfmann at optonline.net> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> Yes, I remember Traxim
 I never owned one, only saw the Demo at NAB many
> years ago, but it made an impression on me
It was cool.