[Tig] 4K HSDL Data Standard

Laurence Claydon laurence
Thu Oct 6 10:06:58 BST 2005

Sean,

If I remember correctly, the ITK Millenium would deliver 4k (at about 3fps) over Dual-Link HSDL. I have no idea of the packing standard, but there are a few ex-ITK folks spread across Filmlight and Cintel who may be able to shed some light on the subject.....

.....Anyone?

Laurence Claydon
Former Millenium Fettler
London UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean McKee [mailto:sean at screentimeimages.com]
Sent: 06 October 2005 01:16
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] 4K HSDL Data Standard

Thanks to Bob Sliga and Cutters Inc. for supporting the TIG.
--
Hi All,

We have settled on a scope/monitoring solution that currently supports 2K over HSDL. I asked the manufacturer if they can support 4K, and they believed that if the data packing is the same as the current dual link HSDL standard, they should be able to implement it.  Does anybody have a link they can point me to that contains the ?standard? for HSDL regarding 2K & more importantly 4K?

Thanks,

Sean McKee
Screen Time Images
847-534-9000