[Tig] Displays ( not multiple! )

Martin Euredjian ecinema
Sat Oct 22 23:46:13 BST 2005

> The reason the Apple Cinema and other lcd screens do not match is that
every batch of glass for the screens has certain characteristics that make
it necessary to characterize each screen individually.  Otherwise, as you
have noted, they will never match.

What exactly do you mean by this?
What's the mechanism?
What are these "certain characteristics"?

Are you implying that this applies to every LCD-based product in the market,
except for what you are marketing on the TIG?

Short of manufacturing defects (well documented in Apple's case) there could
be some problems with your assertions.  I want to make sure I understand
what you mean before offering further commentary.

BTW, I am glad that the false "DVI bottleneck" is no longer part of these
discussions.  In case you didn't know, I authored a technical note in your
honor:
http://www.ecinemasys.com/technotes/files/AN010%20-%20DVI%20Interconnect%20L
imitations.pdf
Feel free to comment privately or publicly if anything is out of order.

Martin Euredjian
eCinema Systems, Inc.
voice: 661-305-9320
fax: 661-775-4876