[Tig] Re: Final Touch

Sean McKee sean
Thu Sep 29 01:51:47 BST 2005

HI Tyler,

Thanks for the confirmation regarding my assertion that Final Touch did not
render single quicktimes. By the way, I don't know you or your
qualifications (which seems to be required to have an opinion), but you know
what - I'll take your word for it! Nice to meet you.

Anyway, I kept thinking "did we miss a button?" but it's good to know that I
did not spread misinformation about the product. I agree with your reasoning
for desiring the current behavior of FT. I just think it would be nice to
have both options, as space is always an issue, as well as compatibility
with as many platforms as possible. Unfortunately, with Discreet systems on
SGI (unsure about Linux, anybody?), the development of quicktime stopped a
long time ago, so it does not support these wrapper quicktimes, or any of
the newer codecs. So you have to go single file uncompressed all the way.
Actually you can import multiple files, but what a file management pain...

Again, thanks for piping in and giving an un-confrontational fact about the
product.

Sean McKee
Screen Time Images
847-534-9000