[Tig] Frontniche (Brief) Response

Digital Praxis digital.praxis
Sat Apr 1 11:03:00 BST 2006

I know I said I wasn't going to post again so soon, but I couldn't let this pass.

Ralph, don't be so coy; you - and everyone else - know it was me that posted the comments on the Frontniche/Vutrix monitor based on the brand new, latest available 1920x1200, 23" one I have had access to only recently, and continue to have access to. It replaced a prior 1280 version that was rejected some months back.

I only ever talk from fact based on real experience.

I can set the monitor to not clip, but not with the necessary contrast and brightness, making it very difficult to calibrate correctly for my applications.

As I said, the highlights tend to blow-out too easily, not that they are blown out.

The Vutrix is also run next to a Sony LMD, and To be honest the LMD comes across as a better monitor for our applications - even though it's only 1280 resolution.

Oh, and I have no commercial interest in any other monitor. I simply speak as I find.

Be sure of your facts before stating them!

Just because Cine-tal use my ViewLUT Builder does not mean I'm commercially involved with them. Many other suppliers use my ViewLUT Builder too.

But these are only my views, people should come and see your demo and make their own decisions. For their applications your monitors may be ideal.

But, if you are going to diss someone at least have the decency to do it directly. I always sign my name to my posts, and only ever speak from experience.

Steve.

Steve Shaw
Digital Praxis Ltd
+44 (0)7765 400 908