[Tig] Digital cinema

woz warrenl
Tue Apr 4 16:58:38 BST 2006

Perhaps we could persuade the Digital Cinema Proector manufacturers to
include a background sound effect for various film projectors as an option.
I quite like the one they always use in tv programmes when they show a film
being screened.

woz (3sixtymedia/itv)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Wider?e Andersen" <andreas at smalfilm.no>
To: <tig at tig.colorist.org>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 6:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Tig] Digital cinema

Thanks for your interesting inputs here.

I can't argue on the technical part of this, but
when the local cinema goes digital I'll probably
stay home way more often and watch a HD DVD
instead. For me going to the cinema is more than
just watch a film, it's about the whole
atmosphere and I really like the fact that real
film is running through the projectors.

I guess many people will think that when they
show digital films in the cinema, why bother when
you can watch a digital film at home with HD
projection and surround sound? I think switching
to digital will only mean less people going to a cinema.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Rgds,
Andreas

---