[Tig] TGA file format

Glenn Woodruff GWoodruff
Fri Apr 7 17:48:24 BST 2006

I never thought I'd be able to correct Bob on a file format, but Version
3.0 of the TGA spec (which I had some input on) does allow for higher
bit depths, YCbCr, and subsampling.  Unfortunately Truevision had been
purchased by Pinnacle by the time it came out, so it never really went

I can't even find it with Google; talk about your work disappearing into
obscurity, geez.

I have a copy of the spec and might be able to dig up some trivial
utilities (probably in ANSI C) if anyone is interested.

Glenn Woodruff