[Tig] Now Broadband TV

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Mon Apr 10 19:15:58 BST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Tom Tcimpidis wrote:
> Where I live (Verizon Land), the phone company is not likely to be a player
> in Broadband TV for quite some time.  They can't even provide DSL service
> here.  Even if they could, I get 5M down and 768K up from my cable modem
> service (Earthlink) for $40 a month, so I have no incentive to change.

In that case, Earthlink (5 million subscribers!) can provide the
IP-based video service over their cable network.  Channelized video
can be offered over "digital" cable just as it is now.  And Earthlink
is likely interested in offering phone service over their cable
service, if they are not doing so already.

Bob