[Tig] Now Broadband TV

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Apr 10 19:37:26 BST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:35:11 +0100, Dick Hobbs wrote

> So if channels will continue as they have before,
>  with an online TV  guide and schedules, why not
> stick with what we have now that works  really
> rather well? What are newcomers to the market -
>  mainly telcos  - going to bring to the party?

it's easy to be cynical about this, but could it be that broadband TV is a little
ahead of its time, e.g. a money-losing proposition, and a reinvention that suffers
in comparison to what once was?  It invites comarison with "computerized books"
which were supposed to do away with printing as of several years ago.

Rob
Rob Lingelbach   http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html   rob at calarts.edu