[Tig] RE: ("Match Point")

Dominic Case cased
Tue Apr 11 04:41:58 BST 2006

>could it be possible there is a difference in
>latency/lag for different prints or projectors?

I was particularly aware of the strobing as I was near the front of the
cinema - bi-i-ig pictures!

They used the effect, apparently, to give a more disjointed, urgent,
frenetic feel to the scenes. Perhaps it worked well enough for you to be
unaware of the technique!  I don't think the projector could make much
difference: there is still aq certain amount of unrecorded movement between
one frame and the next, locked in by the camera shutter.

>At what point was reversal used?

In the "flash-forward" scenes where they interrogate the hostages.

> >then stayed in the film domain thereafter
>
> correct:

On re-checking, no, not correct: despite the photochemical and camera
tricks, it went through a DI process at Efilm. According to American
Cinematographer, the cross-processed bleach-bypassed material had to be
scanned on the Spirit, as it was too dense for the Northlight scanner.

Dominic Case
Atlab Australia

This email message [including any file attachments transmitted with it ] is for the sole use of the individual  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or priveledged information.
Any unauthorised review,use,alteration,disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message.
 Any confidentiality or legal professional privilege is not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.