[Tig] Polonium

Peter Swinson peter_swinson at compuserve.com
Sat Dec 2 16:19:21 GMT 2006

Ah, Perc, wonderful stuff.   Still the mainstay of the dry claning
industry.
Now I reckon it's OK.  In my Bell & Howell days I installed and serviced
their Wet Gate Modular printers all over the world. They had about a one
gallon bath of perc at the pix print head that had a  front opening flap.
However if things went wrong, and they did, else why  was I there, it was
easy to open the flap without first draining down the perc. I reckon over
the years I must have doused myself in perc about 30 times, at  one gallon
a time !  Never did me any harm as far as I can tell, others may think
differently.

I do however still love the smell of Tric and Formaldahyde, They both
invoke memories of film labs.

I feel a BRRE report covering beer, polonium and perc coming on.

cheers

Peter