[Tig] Oxberry scanners

TSassoon at aol.com TSassoon at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 07:55:41 GMT 2006

In a message dated 11/29/06 11:28:38 AM, jasoncrump at gmail.com writes:

> I was under the impression that better keys could be pulled from a basic
> balanced image. am i off here?

At the risk of revisiting this - IMHO the best way to key is to linearize the
image so that it's spread as evenly across each histo channel as possible
with no edges clipping either white or black without the slightest regard for
what it actually looks like, pull the key, then apply as a matte back to the
original image (I prefer to comp in log/lin preview in 1.7/1.8 display gamma, not
a big fan of float on high-gamma systems). So, in that sense, it doesn't
matter.

Tim Sassoon
SFD vfx & creative post
Santa Monica, CA