[Tig] Preserving flesh tones in cool blue looks

Stu Maschwitz 5tu at theorphanage.com
Tue Dec 12 21:42:07 GMT 2006

I was just watching the opening scene of SPY GAME where Brad Pitt
enters the Chinese prison.  I'm impressed with how the skin tones pop
out of what is otherwise a completely icy blue scene.  I'd be
interested to hear any thoughts about techniques for accomplishing
this.  Is it possible with a primary only or is a secondary being
used on each shot to warm up the skin tones?

There are similar scenes in PIRATES 2 where skin tones just pop off
the screen in a sea of blue.

-Stu

--
stu maschwitz