[Tig] SMPTE NY Meeting is a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING Regarding Reference Grade Monitors

Jim Mann jfmann at optonline.net
Tue Dec 26 15:11:36 GMT 2006

Seasons Greetings everyone,

I am cross posting this notice for the CML, as a kind of PSA..... and I
thank Mark Forman of Mark Forman Productions, Corp. for posting it. I looks
to be a interesting meeting. See below.

Jim Mann
Freelance Colorist
New York City, USA
Mobile 516-250-0909
SMPTE Member
http://www.digitalvision.se/customers/freelancers_mann.htm
http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/User:Jim_Mann

_________________________________

Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers
New York Section Meeting Notice
January 2007
(Guests and Non-members Welcome)
Flat Panel Reference Monitor Technology
DATE: Wednesday, January 17, 2007
5:30 PM Refreshments and Social Hour
6:30 PM Technical Presentation
LOCATION: Tamberelli Digital
516 West 36 Street 2nd floor
New York, NY
SUBWAY: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 to 34th Street Penn Station
Walk or M 34 Bus to 10th Ave.

... PROGRAM ...

Currently scheduled PRESENTERS as of 12-22-06:
Dave Corbitt - Front NICHE
Joe D'Amico - JVC Professional Products Company
Dan Desmet - TV Logic
Martin Euredjian- E Cinema Systems
Ray Kalo - Tamuz
Tom O'Neill - Cinetal
Mike Poirier - Teranex Inc.

The video monitoring process is in the midst of a monumental shift away from
CRT technology. Please join us for a discussion and demonstration of the
technologies which will lead us into the new era of picture evaluation.
Our presenters will give overviews of their respective technologies.
You also will be able to see examples of their product offerings,
side-by-side with a specially prepared test tape including both film,
digitally
originated materials and reference test signals from John Dowdell III of
Goldcrest Post
Please join in.

If you are not a member of SMPTE ask for a membership application at the
meeting or go to SMPTE.org

Meeting notices and Section information can be found on the internet at
http://www.smpteny.org
3475 members of CML-2K on the 12th December 2006
Copyright 2006 CML