[Tig] Anyone in NYC have a stereo Quad machine?

Nichols Craig Craig.Nichols
Fri Jan 13 15:20:43 GMT 2006

If you can't find a machine in NYC, it might be worth consulting with
Art Mairose at Quad One Video quad1video at aol.com (818) 295-3878.

Craig Nichols
Sr. Tech Support Engineer / Film
Thomson Grass Valley

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-bounces at tig.colorist.org]

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 6:54 AM
To: tig at tig.colorist.org
Subject: [Tig] Anyone in NYC have a stereo Quad machine?

Howdy. I know this is a long shot, but.... if there is someone in NYC
that has a 2" Quad machine that they KNOW FOR A FACT is stereo, I am
hopeful that they would be kind enough to allow me to bring a Quad to
them, and put it up for a few seconds to determine whether or not the
Quad is stereo.  We just received a bunch of Quads (alot) and I have
reason to believe they might be stereo, tho I can't find out for sure
from the client. I have an AVR-3 with two audio outupts (not including
the cue track) but that machine has a mono head. The AVR 2 machines I
have have stereo heads, but only one audio output, and the audio ch 2
meter reads nothing. Does this mean that ch 2 is blank? Could be, but I
need to find out for sure before we try and mod anything here. A few
swapping/adding cards is not yielding any results (well, a bit of smoke,
but only light grey - not black) and I figured the easiest thing to do
at this point is to take a tape down to a facility and pop it up on a
stereo machine.

Anybody? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Jeff Hayat
Vidipax
(718) 482-7111