[Tig] Anyone in NYC have a stereo Quad machine?

Ted Langdell ted
Fri Jan 13 19:53:02 GMT 2006

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Hey, Jeff..

Is this worth posting to the AMIA list in case somebody in the
archiving field has such a beast?

I forwarded the thread to Tim Stoffel and Charles Anderson (yes, that
Charles Anderson) who are engineering at KNPB, Reno in case they can
help.

Maybe Tim has or knows of a stereo head for your AVR-3.

He's the curator of Quadruplex Park (google for a good look back at the
hardware of broadcast Videotape?.  Charlie helped develop the original
Quad equipment while at Ampex, and as a team member was just awarded a
Lifetime Emmy for the work.

They're both buried in a major upgrade to HD/Digital and Tim may not
get to his e-mail at work but should see it at home tonight if he's not
working too late, so maybe you'll learn something tomorrow.

You may see one or both of them with examples of the format at this
year's NAB, marking the 50th anniversary of the format's introduction
at NAB on March 14, 1956.

Hope this is of some help.

Ted.