[Tig] Digital cinema

Andreas Wider√łe Andersen andreas
Fri Mar 31 18:37:09 BST 2006

Thanks for your interesting inputs here.

I can't argue on the technical part of this, but
when the local cinema goes digital I'll probably
stay home way more often and watch a HD DVD
instead. For me going to the cinema is more than
just watch a film, it's about the whole
atmosphere and I really like the fact that real
film is running through the projectors.

I guess many people will think that when they
show digital films in the cinema, why bother when
you can watch a digital film at home with HD
projection and surround sound? I think switching
to digital will only mean less people going to a cinema.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Rgds,
Andreas

---